1.07.2014

A Year of Gratitude!

"Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone."
-GB Stern

One thing that has always been important to me is being thanked. I love knowing that someone appreciates me. And although it seems silly, it has taken me wayyy to long to realize that everyone enjoys being thanked, I am definitely not the only one. . . and I have spent wayyy to long worrying about myself being appreciated and not enough time making sure I was making others feel appreciated. Which is why one of my New Year Resolutions is to be more thankful. But I don't just want keep that thankfulness all to myself, I want to make sure the people I encounter know I appreciate them. 
So I decided to create a Year of Gratitude! And I want to invite you all to join me! How much better would the world be if EVERY single person knew someone was thankful for them?? And here is the best part.... IT IS EASY! 
I want to write a note of gratitude to at least 3 people every week this year. Finding just 3 people every week to thank is just a small step in becoming a more thankful, happy person. And that is the best part of all this, through these notes, my hope is not just to make others feel loved... but to also improve myself as a person. Becoming more thankful can help us all be better parents, wives, friends, sons, husbands, daughters, sisters, etc... If you write 3 notes a week, every week this year... that makes 156 notes of gratitude! Psychology tells us that it takes 30 times doing something to make it a habit. So by that theory... long before the end of this year you should have created a habit of gratitude!  
Your 3 notes a week can be as long or short as you'd like. Write a note to your mailman for being gentle with your mail, write a note to your mom or your neighbor, anyone! Mail the notes or deliver them yourself. Sign them or leave them anonymous. Its all up to you! 

You can download this printable I created to make participating in your own Year of Gratitude easier! Just check off each circle for 3 notes a week. Week one has now passed, but you can write 6 notes this week to pass off week one or just skip it. Just start soon and be diligent until its a habit. Good luck! & don't forget to stop back in every once and awhile and let me know how its going. :)

(Just click on the picture, right click and save to your computer. You can also use the link below the picture to download as a PDF)


1 comment:

  1. That is such a wonderful idea! And thank you for the printable, I'm not great at creating those, but I need them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...