5.11.2012

Half of my Heart



Ben has been gone 9 days. Nine whole days that have felt like 30.  There is so much I wish I could say or do or express, but for now i'll have to stick to this little blog.
Tonight I went through the temple with my Sister and her Fiance.  They are getting married in a week, and it was so incredible to share tonight with them.  There is nothing like seeing two people doing exactly what our Heavenly Father wants them to be doing.  It was great.  There was such a perfect feeling the whole time in the Temple.
After the session I couldn't help but think about how much I wish Ben could have been there to share everything with them.   He wants to be apart of it all so badly.   there is nothing Ben holds more dear than the opportunity to be close to his family.  It is so important to him.  I know he is aching to be with them at their sealing and wedding reception.  I wish i could make him feel apart of everything, i wish there was a way to help him to know how much everyone misses him.
So much is changing for us, everything is happening so quickly.  I want to go back a few weeks ago and stop time with him, and not worry about all the stupid little things that added so much stress to the days leading up to him leaving.
I love Ben.  I love that he loves our country.  I'm so proud of him.   I can't even begin to express the gratitude i have for the blessing of having such an amazing husband.  Yes, life isn't perfect. Yes, I get stressed and crazy and too often forget to count my blessings.  But, I know my Father in Heaven made a plan for me and that Ben is apart of it.  And that is perfect.  I love and miss my Ben, and i know that 6 months is nothing compared to forever.  But until our countdown is over, half of my heart is in Afghanistan.  And there is nothing I can do about it.

1 comment:

  1. You are such an amazing person Sam! You two have been through and go through so much that I know I wouldn't be able to handle and you guys do it every day! I look up to you so much, you're amazing! We will continue to keep you guys in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...