5.20.2012

And I was like Baby Baby Baby!

May 7th 2012, exactly 5 days after Ben flew off to Afghanistan.  I woke up around 7 to get ready for work.  Our life had gotten so crazy the last few weeks that until that morning I hadn't even realized that I had been feeling super weird.  So when i did realize it i decided to take a pregnancy test.  Something I had done about a billion times before.  We had been off BC for a year in April, and i was used to seeing one line. over and over and over. 1 line. ALWAYS. During  that year there was a lot of bumps in the road, a miscarriage, a number of medical issues, a couple of moves, and countless thoughts of fear, confusion, and worry. Ben of course, was optimistic the whole time and constantly reminded me of God's timing and trusting in our Father in Heaven. Looking back now I have no idea why I was so worried, I shouldve known our Father knew what was best for our little family. But, things are always clearer once the storms pass us. This time, there was 2. TWO. after all that time, two lines.
I was freaking out, I didn't know what to do. I just kept shaking and pacing, and shaking.  I called Ben, he didn't answer. I called again, and after what seemed like a year, he finally answered the phone. He was getting ready to get on the plane to leave.  (He had been on the East coast for a couple of days before the long flight out of the country.) I always thought i would tell him we were having a baby in a cute way, but i just blurted it out. We just kept laughing and saying it over and over again. WE ARE HAVING A BABY! AHHH!
I just can't believe it. I've never been so happy and terrified all at once. Who knew that after more than a year, we would get pregnant right as Ben was leaving. Our Heavenly Father definitely has a plan for us.  a couple months ago, we didn't even know Ben was leaving.  If we would have gotten pregnant before, he would have missed our first child's birth, and who knows what else.  I am so grateful he is going to be here right in time for the most exciting part of the whole thing.
Ben will get home when we are 32ish weeks. I can't wait.  This is all new and scary and exciting, but I'm so blessed and happy.  Having such a great occasion to look forward to is going to make the next 6 months go by so much faster.  I am just praying and hoping that everything goes amazingly.  I know some days will get hard, and things probably won't seem ideal a lot of the time... But we are so happy. and so excited to start this new part of our little life.  I love and miss Ben so much, but having this little blessing of ours to take care of is definitely making it easier.
So this little squirt better grow fast! Because i wanna see him/or her so badly! I already can't believe how much I love you.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats! That is super exciting! You will be an amazing mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Sammie!! I am SO excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Sammie!! I am SO excited for you two! I hope the pregnancy is a dream one and it all goes perfect, I'm sure it will :D I can't wait to read pregnancy stories from you, so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...