10.10.2010

Best Days With You

This weekend my parents came to visit us.  They just left our apartment, I sat on the couch, and am completely overcome by a horrible homesick feeling. This weekend has been the best.  I can't even express how good it is to see my parents.  I have loved being able to show them our apartment and introduce them to Boss. (which is adorable. Boss LOVES my dad! haha)  I have missed them so much since being in Washington.  Its completely different than moving away for college when you get married, and I did not expect that.  Its kind of a rude awakening.
It is so strange to think that I will never live at my house again.  Its weird that it isn't my house anymore..... After living in the same place for 19 years, it is going to take a long while to feel like anywhere else is home.
I love it here, but it is really easy to get homesick.  Especially now that Ben works nights.   Boss has helped A LOT though. I'm so happy we got him.
It is going to be really hard to say goodbye tomorrow, but I am so glad that I have such amazing parents.  I am so glad that I honestly can call my parents my friends. And no matter where Ben and I go, or how long we are gone I know that my parents will always be there for me.  I love spending time with them, even though we won't get to see each other very often for the next while, I just want to make the best of every second I have.  I learn so much from them, and I know i'm very lucky. :)
I love them.
And I can't wait til Christmas when we will be able to go home and see everyone. :)

1 comment:

  1. That's exactly how it was for me when we moved to Anaheim. It's SO hard to be away from home, but soon enough you will just see Ben (and Boss) and just think "home" because they are there, no matter where you are. And just as you said, the visits and time you get with your parents just gets sweeter. Miss you Sammy! Don't forget more pics of the place! I can't wait to see where you're living!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...