3.19.2010

Today Was A Fairytale :)

Well, FINALLLY i got to see Ben! :) On March 10th I left for the airport to go on my way to TEXAS! :) I was seriously more excited than i had ever been for anything. But, I was also more nervous than i had ever been too. ha Ben's mom and dad had left earlier that day and came to pick me up from the San Antonio airport that night. And then all that was left to do was wait for the next morning. . . not an easy task. ha
Thursday:
At Air Force graduations they do this thing called the Airman's Run, where all the graduating airmen run 1.5 miles and all the families line up on the side of the road to watch. Kinda like a parade. It was so cool to see them all. And when we finally spotted Ben all my nerves just completely melted away. :)



After the run they had the Coin Ceremony (where the airmen are presented with their coin, coins are pretty big in the military.... i didn't know that. ha) and Honor Graduation, since Ben did so well with all the training he was an Honor Grad. Its seriously crazy how much work you have to do to be able to accomplish all that. It is a big deal.
We all went outside and after 62 days of waiting WE GOT TO SEE HIM!!! :) I was so happy, i can't even explain what relief i felt finally being able to actually see him.



Friday:
The "actual" graduation ceremony was on Friday. They all marched on to the field and did a lot of formations and marching. It was amazing. I can't believe how much training and practice it takes to be able to look perfect like that on the field with so many airmen. It was definitely impressive. Ben was in the band flight, so they played at the graduation. We even got some pictures of Ben with his HUGE drum. :)



After the graduation Ceremony he had a "town pass" so we were able to leave the base. We went to the Alamo (my favorite part of the trip.... besides seeing Ben. haha) it was gorgeous. :) I bet it was weird for him to be off base for the first time, but he did well. haha










HAHAHA Probably the funniest thing i have ever seen.

Saturday:
We went to Six Flags on Saturday, and it was tons of fun. Ben wanted to go on ALL the scariest rides..... and i went on em all. which was extremely scary. haha but it was worth it. :)



The giant banana we took our pictures with. haha

Sunday:
Time to say goodbye again. :( We went to Ben's ward Sunday morning, to hear him speak. He did an amazing job. He never ceases to completely shock me with how amazing he is. I have never felt so lucky to have such a great priesthood holder in my life. He really does bless everyone he meets. The rest of the day was just time to relax, and then we had to take him back to the base. It was a feeling i have definitely never had before. It was harder to see him go this time than the first. But, I am so glad he decided to do this. I can tell just by the way he talks about the Air Force that he loves it. And i'm grateful for the fact that he puts everything he has into it. I say this a lot but I would only share Ben with 2 things, the gospel and the U.S. I'm so proud of him and all he accomplished at BMT. This is going to be a long and sometimes bumpy ride, but i'm SO excited. :) He will do a great job at Tech. School and then thats one more thing checked off the list til we can actually be together. I love him. and I've never been prouder.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...