3.25.2010

So close, but so far away. . .

It has been now almost two weeks since I've seen Ben. And I have come to the realization that no matter how much you get along with someone or how much you love someone or how great your relationship is with someone, long distance relationships are HARD. Really hard. That surprised me, and maybe i'm just young and naive. But it truly is a lot of work trying to have a relationship when you can't see the person for months at a time. and although I've been going on and on about how hard it is....I wouldn't give up for anything in the world. This is the biggest test for our relationship, and something that Ben has taught me this week is that trying to avoid things that will put our L.D. relationship to the test is definitely the wrong thing to do. And really do believe that. I had been trying to avoid conflict and "awkward" conversations because i thought it would put unnecessary stress on our relationship. But in all reality, a relationship without those things is NO relationship at all. Without disagreements or arguments you never truly find out who that person is. How sad would it be to go through life not knowing how the person you love handles an argument??? You would be walking on egg shells around them just so you would avoid ever making them upset! Thats crazy! I don't think you really can love someone without seeing them in a bunch of different situations. I have learned that i love all of Ben, not just "happy Ben" or "romantic Ben", but i love "angry Ben" and "annoyed Ben" too. I'm so thankful that he trusts me enough to be himself around me, and feels comfortable enough to tell me when he doesn't agree with me! Without that, i don't think i could ever be happy with someone. I'm also thankful he feels the same way, that he loves me, not just parts of me and my personality, but the whole package. I think that is what love is. And i'm glad I have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...